LESSONS FROM THE LABYRINTH #2

Lessons from the Labyrinth #2

WRITTEN BY:  Calvert

920x920.jpg

A continuation of Lessons From the Labyrinth:


3. I found that some stones were slightly damp, others dry. Some were cool from being in shade, others were warm from the sun. Some were smooth and yet at other times, I stepped on smaller painful rocks that had found their way onto the labyrinth. God never promises the journey to be free from pain, but He does promises variety and adventure! Don’t get mad at the inconveniences and setbacks. If anything, they help remind you that you are alive and moving forward.

4.  Because we were walking in a group, I felt pressure to keep moving. Remember, there is no right or wrong way to walk a labyrinth. Some people like to pause throughout to contemplate. I didn’t feel like I had the liberty to do that. I’m sure it was self-imposed, but I knew there were people behind me wanting to move forward. So rather than being in the moment, I was trying to get to the center. Don’t let people bully you. Or rather, don’t feel self-imposed pressure to perform one way or another. Your journey is between you and God. He set you on your path and He is the one guiding you. It’s okay to stop and collect yourself occasionally. Chances are, the people around you are watching and taking cues from how you live out your faith journey. Who knows, they might appreciate a break too.

Comments