LIMITED IMPAIRED VISION


The eyes of the LORD are toward the righteous, And His ears are open to their cry.  Psalms 34:15


I leaned over to pick up the little wad of black thread from off the floor. As soon as I had it in my fingers, it moved! It was not a black thread. It was a spider! 


The saying, "Seeing is believing." can be deceiving. What I saw was a black wad of string on the carpet; it was not! I may not have perfect eyesight; however, even those with 20/20 vision are living with limited, impaired vision. Why is that so? Because many times, what we think is in front of us is not reality. Our reactions are based on what we see, hear, and feel, but just like a puzzle with missing pieces, we do not have the whole picture.


I believe it is better to trust God, who has perfect vision. Read Psalms 139:13-14. God's flawless range of view is limitless. He can see what was in the past, what is now, and what will be in the future. He knows every stage of each one of us.


Not only is one's entire life spread out before God, who sees every phase, but He sees everything that went on even before our conception. According to the Bible, we view things like looking through a dark glass. Wouldn't it make sense to trust the One who sees all things with precision instead of depending on our perspective? Sometimes all we can see are the obstacles. 


Don't rely on your limited, impaired vision, but trust the Father with the perfect image of yesterday, now, and tomorrow. We have an obstructed view, which causes impediments of the mind and handicaps of the heart. Our souls, however, can be free when we let God be our vision. Choose the One who sees the whole picture for all times.

Dearest Lord, Be my vision, my wisdom, my heart, my mind, my soul, my inheritance, and my victor. In Christ, I pray, Amen.


Comments