DOG TIRED


Don't you know? Haven't you heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the creator of the ends of the earth. He doesn't grow tired or weary. His understanding is beyond human reach, giving power to the tired and reviving the exhausted. Isaiah 40:28-29


Everyone, at one time or another, will experience extreme tiredness. Sometimes we are weary from heavy physical work, and this kind of fatigue is satisfying. When we lie down to sleep, we can look back at our productive day and feel good. We know that our labor accomplished something.

Mental stress, on the other hand, can cause a dog-tired feeling that can be debilitating. I remember a time in my life when I was raising five children, had three part-time jobs, struggled with finances, and had our house on the market. The stress was almost unbearable until I got sick and was forced to stop and lay back in God’s arms. Getting sick was the best thing that could happen to me because it forced me to reevaluate my life and to recharge my depleted “get-up-and-go!”


Here are some methods for recharging. Take a nice brisk walk. Close yourself off in a quiet room, prop your legs up, and take some deep breaths. Sit on a park bench to enjoy children's laughter at play, or look up at the sky to revel in God's inspiring creation. Do something you enjoy. Let some soft, instrumental music calm your emotions. Gain inspiration from the Bible. Most importantly, use these times to lay your burdens at the feet of Jesus.


As Christians, we are always attached to God's His life-giving vine, His power source flowing from Him through us. However, there are times we need to take a respite from all our toils and rest in the Lord. 


God desires to recharge your body, mind, and soul with His powerful current of love. Don't you know? Haven't you heard? God's arms never grow tired of holding you.


I need a break, Lord. I will sit and listen to you for a while. Please revive my tired soul. In Jesus' name, I pray, Amen.

Comments