GOD'S RELENTLESS LOVE


Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. Psalms 23:6


I gave birth to five children. If one of them would turn his/her back on me, denounce me, and run to the farthest corner of the globe, he/she would still be my child with my genes and DNA.  Even if the court granted her/him emancipation, this does not have the power to erase my memories of the birth, nor my love, nor the make-up of their blood. I may become angry with his/her actions and allow this one to rebel and die physically, but even in the end, my child has no choice in this matter of my love, our genes, and my blood I shed giving birth to them.


If you have a loved one who has had their heart changed by Christ, have seen His light, and have tasted the love of the Holy Spirit, I want you to be assured that this one may rebel and run from God, but he/she could never outrun His love. God’s love will pursue one like The Hound From Heaven as Francis Thompson labels God’s love in his 1800’s poem. God’s relentless love will pursue us physically, mentally, spiritually, and though all dimensions of time and space. We may try to find love though many devices, but the true love comes from God.


God’s love is steadfast and sure, so If a wayward one returns in repentance, God will help him/her to recover. Yet it is important to know this: Hebrews 6:4-6 says, “For in the case of those who have once been enlightened and have tasted of the heavenly gift and have been made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, and then have fallen away, it is impossible to renew them again to repentance, since they again crucify to themselves the Son of God and put Him to open shame.” If I had a wayward child who returned home in repentance, I would wrap him/her in my arms of love and welcome them back home, however, he/she could never be born again from my womb. It would be impossible.


Just try to outrun God’s love. The task is impossible because the Bible clearly says that absolutely nothing can separate us from the love of Christ, not even ourselves. Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”  


Dear Father, Thank you for your non-returnable relentless gift of love. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Comments