LOYALTY


Incline your ear and come to me; listen, so that you may live. I will make an everlasting covenant, my steadfast, sure love for David. Isaiah 55:3


Spencer, my Silky-Yorkshire breed, was such a loyal little dog. He was faithful, and if dogs have the capacity to love, I would like to think he loved me. When I was in the room, his eyes were on me. He would follow me wherever I went. I remember even one night, in the middle of the night while my husband and all my children slept, I got up from bed, went to the living room, and had a good cry. I was so broken hearted about something. Spencer stayed by my side, and in his little dog way, gave me a measure of comfort.


I’m sure we can all think of someone who fits the bill of loyalty. We can remember the teacher who was loyal to her students, or the one on the sports team who always sat on the bench, seldom getting to play, yet loyally attended and suited up every game for the team. We might remember a pet, a coach, a friend, or a relative who was loyal. We have heard stories of heroic service people who loyally served their country. We can even remember the little lady who attended  almost every church service until she died.


God is a perfect example of loyalty. He made a covenant with us and kept His word. He is faithful in His love, His mercies, and His promises. He is steadfast and sure. He will never leave or forsake us. Hebrews 1:10-12 says, O Lord, in the beginning you made the earth, and your hands made the sky. These things will disappear, but you will stay. They will all wear out like old clothes.You will fold them up like a coat, and they will be changed like clothes. But you never change, and your life will never end.


Come and listen to the one who has proved to be steadfast in all ways. The one who showed mercy and love to David is still loyal to us today.


Thank you Father God that we can always depend on You. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Comments