THE PERFECT PARENT


But you, my Lord, are a God of compassion and mercy; you are very patient and full of faithful love. Psalms 86:15

There are many people who desperately need the perfect parent that they never had. Many have been deserted, neglected, and abused mentally, physically, and sexually. Many have never heard the words, “I love you,” or, “I’m proud of you.” The older I become, I have been made aware of the disturbing commonness of this plight. I want those of you who are in this situation to know that you are not alone, it is not your fault, and there is help.


I present to you, my dear hurting friend, the perfect, non-threatening parent of love. Never to force Himself upon you, God the Father is patiently waiting. His Spirit of mercy wants you to come,  just as you are. He loves you unconditionally, with no hidden strings attached. In fact, He does not expect anything from you except to willingly come to Him. When you do, He will gently pick you up in His arms of protection. He will wipe away all your tears. He will forgive even those things that you cannot forgive in yourself. He will fill you by His grace with His Spirit of peace, something, my dear friend, you have needed for so very long.


He is the perfect parent you have always desired. He will never leave nor forsake you. He will whisper words that are like a healing salve to your wounded soul, such as, “I created you in my image. I think you are beautifully made. When I look at you I say, ‘This is good.’ I love you as no other can or ever will. I desire the best for you. I want you to come to me with all your secrets, your longings, your hurts, and your dreams. You see, my sweet child, I enjoy your company. I love when you talk to me or just sit quietly by my side. You have been crippled for so long by your imperfect earthly parents, but I will give you the strength to be able to stand and move forward. I will quench the dryness of your soul with my life-giving water. I will bring light to the darkness of your soul. In my presence, you will never be afraid again.”


This is the God that I present to you. He is the one I personally serve. He has given me sweet peace. I know that He can do the same for you. Come to Him not because someone is giving you a threat. You were threatened by your imperfect earthly parents, so if you come to Christ out of fear, He is not the parent you need. The parent you need is accepting, kind, patient, gracious, merciful, and forgiving. He wants to lavish His gifts of love on you. God the Father through Jesus Christ is the absolute perfect parent.


Thank you, oh Father God, for filling in the gap that many earthly parents leave with your goodness, mercy, and love. Through Christ I pray, Amen.

Comments