LOST AND FOUND


Or what woman having ten silver coins, if she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? Luke 15:8


I touched my earlobe and with a sudden fright realized that my earring was missing. It was a nice piece of jewelry my husband had bought me. This was a gift given in love, so it had sentimental value. We had just attended a gathering hosted by the company where my husband works. We had had a lovely evening, and now this?! My missing earring made my heart sink.


I began the task of the woman in the Bible who had lost a coin. I started scouring every chair, table, and floor where we had been. Nowhere could it be found. Then I bowed my head in prayer and asked the Lord to help me. I also resigned it to His hands, knowing that it might be gone forever. I felt at peace.


When we have a loved one who is lost, we need to help them find their way to Christ. As we pray for them, and lead them in love to Jesus, someday they may come to Him. As long as we are sowing the seed, we know we have diligently completed our task. We may never see the fruits of our labor, but we need to be at peace, leaving it in God’s capable hands.


I did find my earring several days later, stuck inside my shower sponge. I was so happy and rejoiced as I called several people to tell them the good news. One day, we may get to see our lost loved one, come to Jesus. On that day, not only will we rejoice, but a whole host of angels in heaven will rejoice with us.


Dear Father, Help me search for those who are lost, and to sow your seeds of love. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

Comments