IN NEED OF NOTHING


This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:3-4
Sometimes I send a random text to my children, to say only three words, “I love you.” Likewise, out of the blue I may turn to a loved one and just say, “I love you.” These are not merely words, but the deep response and sentiment of my affection for them. In turn, I also feel cherished, when I receive these words.
Sometimes there is an overlapping of need and desire, however, the former, meets our basic survival and the latter is something we want for our self. We can’t live without air, food, and water. We can however, live without a car, a watch, or a phone. Love is one aspect that tends to fit in both categories.
A Harvard study conducted from 1972 to 2004 revealed that love was everything. All the wealth in the world was of no value, without love. Love is the basis for happiness. People thrive by the power of love.
For those who serve the true God, we envisage that the love we bestow on Him, as possibly something He needs. This is far from the truth. God is love. He has no need of our love. The all-sufficient God, needs nothing. He created all. He is all knowing, all powerful, all truth, all light, and all love. He has, was, is, and will be, all. Ephesians 4:6 says we have, “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.”
God’s desire is all together a different matter. He wants all people come to Him, to His knowledge of truth, portrayed as love through the life of Christ. He sacrificially laid down His life for us. There is no greater love than this. I imagine, just like us, He enjoys hearing us say, “I love you,” but more importantly, He wants us to experience His love freely given, and bequeath it to others. 
Three times Jesus asked Peter, “Do you love me?” Jesus already had knowledge of Peter’s heart, but He knew that Peter needed to answer that question, not for God’s sake, but for his own sake. Three times Peter denied Christ, and three times Peter proclaimed his love. Peter then went on to prove his love
God, the Father of all, lacks nothing. Our words are mere platitudes if they are not backed up with actions. When we spread the message of, “I love you,” to the world, we are echoing those cherished words, back to Him.
Dear Father of all, I come humbly to you, to become one with the love of the Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit. Because of your love, I am able to love others. In Christ I pray, Amen

Comments