LET HIM CALL YOU SWEATHEART



How precious is your steadfast love, O God! All people may take refuge in the shadow of your wings.

Psalms 36:7

It was cold, very cold, and for the Deep South, that is an unusual happening, especially for so many days in a row. We might get a spackling of cold, but not days and days of cold darkness. The weather was mimicking my mood. I was feeling bleak that day. I was trying to fight the depression, and self- condemnation in my heart and mind. I was grieving for those departed, for relationships that had ended, and for mistakes I had made in the past.

I sought the Lord, and gave Him my wretched mind. A healing did not come immediately, but after a prayer, a short nap, some rigorous exercise, and an important text message, did my mood resolve to sweet peace. And I knew that text I received was actually a message from God. It was only one word, but it was the word I needed. “Sweetheart!”  The sender had called me, “Sweetheart.”

God loves us so much, and He wants us to take refuge in the shadow of His wing. When we yield to Him, the battle of our minds; self-loathing, worthlessness, loneliness and shame, we can become victorious in a healthy, positive way, through Him.

God hears our prayers, and knows our hearts and minds. He knows our suffering and pain. He loves us with an everlasting, steadfast love. His love is not fickle, like earthly relationships can be. No matter how far or fast we go, His love will reach us. No matter how high or low we go, His love can reach those heights and depths. Even when we hide, His love will seek us and find us.

When Valentine’s Day, is here, and there is no earthly friend to call you sweetheart, I want you to know without a shadow of doubt, there is one who loves you to death. He wants to give you peace of mind. He wants you to know you are priceless. He wants you to know, all is forgiven. Let Him talk His sweet words of love to you, just as He did for me on that bleak day. His name is Jesus, and you my friend, are His precious sweetheart. He’s in love with you.

Thank you Lord, for loving me at all times, in all places, and in all ways. By the name of Jesus, I pray, Amen.

Comments