RUNNING TO GOD

I run to you, God; I run for dear life.  Psalms 31:1 (MSG)

I remember as a child, when I would fall down and scrape my knee, I would go running to mom. With arms and legs flying, blood running down my leg and my mouth wide open crying, I would lunge at her knowing that she could make all things better. With a little first aid care, including a Band-Aid, and the best part, a kiss and an embrace could somehow make the pain a lot less.

I read an excerpt from an author who said that she was always amazed at how some people, when they pray, plunge into their requests before acknowledging who God is. The Lord’s Prayer teaches us to begin our prayer with acclamation of God’s holiness and the example is perfect, but there are times in our lives where we are in extreme turmoil, so much so that the only thing we can utter is, “Help!" 

We run to God, with arms and legs flying and our mouths wide open crying. We lunge at Him to be kissed and embraced by His love. We don’t necessarily bow down and proclaim who He is first, because we are in pain and going to Him is our acknowledgment of who He is. We are like children running home with our scraped knees to mom. Mom knows we love her, she knows who she was without us proclaiming it, and the fact that we came to her first, is our proclamation of her importance.

When we run to God, don’t worry about what you say, or how you say it. God listens. He loves His children and is willing to apply first aid to our hurts. He wants to hold us in His arms. He enjoys kissing and telling us He loves us. Running to God is exactly what He desires. So, run to God! Run for dear life!

Dear Lord,

Help! I need you!


Amen

Comments

  1. Oh Jenny this is so beautiful and exactly what I needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you found some inspiration in this devotional.

      Delete

Post a Comment