FAITH ENOUGH TO BE WRONG



Behold, God is exalted, and we do not know Him; The number of His years is unsearchable.  Job 36:26

We need to ask ourselves this question, “Do I have enough faith in God to believe that I don’t know, but I will trust Him anyway?” I was raised in a very strict religious way. The bottom line was: You must believe this way, or you are wrong. Now as an older adult, I am realizing that maybe thinking we know, is a trap of pride. Maybe true knowledge is the fact that we know very little.

There is one thing that is non-negotiable, if you want to come to God and have abundant life now, you need to go through Jesus. In the Bible, this is stated very clearly, many times. Other than that, maybe all other things are cumbersomely mute.

I am not saying these things are, or aren’t true, but just planting a seed of faith. If you went to heaven, and found out that God was both male and female, would you turn away, or still trust? If in the presence of God, He informed you that His billion years, is like one day to you, in other words, it took Him our billions of years to create the earth, as defined by His one day, would you be angry? If in the afterlife, you run into the most evil person you know, would you leave God’s presence disgusted, wondering; why was this person given the same wages or rewards as me, or would you rest in God’s infinite knowledge of His own justice system?

Now before you think I have gone off the deep end, I assure you, I have not. I am just wondering if our faith could be strong enough to trust, even if we are wrong. Can we truly believe He is a God of, “I Can,” instead of the definition of the God we design? We take a scripture here, and there, and piece them together to form a stringent determination, never entertaining the idea of possible outside parameters, or our own fallibility. With this way of thinking, God becomes the God of, “I Can, if I say so,” mentality. In essence, what we believe become our idol, instead of whom we serve.

When Jesus came to earth, the religious leaders had a definition of God. They could not, and would not entertain the idea of a lowly person, being God in the flesh. He did not meet their qualifications. Do we put qualifiers on God? Do we say, “Well, this is what the Bible says, and it means exactly my way of thinking?” Could we have enough faith to have confidence that He is a God in control, and our job is to rest in His easy yoke with assurance?

I have made a decision to trust God no matter what. I may find out I was wrong about many things, but this I know, God loves me, God gave His life for me, and God is pure, holy, and capable of anything, even when He does not meet my clarification or qualification. I come to Him, seeking forgiveness for being so prideful by placing Him in my definition of who I think He should be. My dependence is not on my knowledge, but on Him in His ultimate wisdom.

Forgive me Oh Lord, for putting parameters around you, making you less that who you really are. I trust you to be the God of, “I Can and I Will.” Amen

Comments