THE INVITATION


The Invitation



Yes, the Scriptures say, “Anyone who trusts in him will never be disappointed.” It says this because there is no difference between those who are Jews and those who are not. The same Lord is the Lord of all people. And he richly blesses everyone who looks to him for help. Yes, “everyone who trusts in the Lord will be saved.”
~ Romans 10:11-13


Many years ago, I had been invited by a group of ladies, to go bridal gown shopping. I was so excited to be included on this special occasion, asked by the bride herself. I had cleared my calendar, preparing myself for this special event, feeling loved by the most important person in the wedding.

The day of this gathering, I got all ready, and with excitement called the bride to ask, “What time are we meeting?” Her answer floored me. She said, “Oh, we already went shopping yesterday. I already picked out my gown.” I tried not to show my disappointment, but felt so dejected. I had been included, and then with one stroke, I had been forgotten. It was hurtful, but God can use these painful events in our lives, to bring home a point. I am grateful it happened.

In the Bible, we have a special invitation. This is an invitation that overshadows all other invitations. When we accept God’s salvation, through Jesus Christ, we will never be omitted, rejected, blackballed, counted out, forgotten, eliminated, or refused admittance. We are invited to become an adopted member of the family of God, and because of this, we are invited to a grand banquet by the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. We are excited and feel, oh so loved, to be included to the grandest galas of all, hosted by the most important one of all.

Our invitation reads as follows:

Come everyone who is heavy with burdens, and I will give you rest. If you believe in me you will never die, but have everlasting life. If you remain in me, I will remain in you. I will give you abundant life. I will never leave you. I will call you friends. At the end of your journey, I am having a banquet. I will feed you food that is not from this world, and quench your thirst with my everlasting fountain. I will dry all your tears. There will be no more pain, or sorrow. I am preparing a mansion just for you. Urge anyone you find to come, so that my house will be full.

So, I am urging anyone who hears, to respond to this invitation. Come to Christ and lay all your burdens at His feet. This invitation is for all. He will never go back on His word, or purposely leave you out. It’s the most important, prestigious invitation you will ever receive. When the day comes, and you are ready to go, He will not turn you away. You will not be disappointed. Please, RSPV to your invitation today. Make your answer, “Yes, Lord Jesus. I come.”




Dear Lord, Thank you for excluding me from that bridal invitation, so that you could speak through me today. I pray that all who hear, will say, “Yes,” to your invitation. Amen


Comments