LAUGHING WITH GOD

LAUGHING WITH GOD

Written by:  Jenny Calvert

O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph…Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises. For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.  Psalms 47:1, 6-7 (KJV)

I had just finished editing and posting my devotional on God creating animals.  I had ended the piece with, “When you step outside today and hear a bird sing or see a butterfly land on a flower, stop and give thanks to God for animals.”  Since my task was completed, or so I thought, I grabbed my purse, went outside, got into the car, and backed out of the driveway. I was going to run some errands.  Before I could get my vehicle into drive, one of my many favorite animals God created, a big dragonfly, hovered right in front of my windshield. He danced across my hood and then stopped and hovered, appearing to be looking straight at me. He seemed to be taunting me saying, “Stop…stop…look at me…look at me…praise God…praise God!
I drove off laughing so hard that tears rolled down my cheeks.  God had spoken to me in a little helicopter shaped creature.  I voiced my gratitude to God for animals and said, “I would sing of your praises right now Lord, but my voice is like a frog's.” This just made me laugh even harder and I visualized God laughing right along with me.
My heart burst open with gratitude, love, devotion, and confession to a great and mighty God who would speak to an ant of a person like me.  How I even drove is beyond me.  I felt so full of His goodness and love that I was overcome with unspeakable joy.  He made me stop! He made me act upon my own words and praise Him, and like old friends, we shared a laugh.

To the creator of laughter,

I raise my voice of praise to you, the one and only true God.  I laugh and sing and raise my hands to you for you alone are worthy of all our praise, both now and forever!


Amen

Comments