COLLISION COURSE

Written by:  Jenny Calvert

Delight thyself also in the Lord: and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him. Psalms 37:4-7 (KJV)

When I was a little girl, I had been in the neighbor’s yard playing with a friend. It was a beautiful sunny day and we were running. At the precise moment that I was running a big moth was flying on a different path from another direction. It was perfectly exact timing that the moth and I met in the same place at the same time, at the same height for it to lodge deeply inside my ear. It did not hurt, however the wings beating directly on my eardrum sounded like a helicopter blade pounding a rhythm in my ear. I was terrified. I ran home screaming for my mom. She immediately scooped me up and took me to the doctor where they had to use a special instrument to extract the moth from my ear. The moth was injured in the process. I was not.

This may be considered bad timing, however it did teach me a lesson on timing. God’s timing is perfect. When we have a need, concern, desire, hope, He is right there waiting and listening to answer our pleas. Sometimes we feel as if He does not hear because His answer seems slow to us. It is similar to that of waiting at a long red light, wondering why, when traffic is not moving through the other way, it does not change to green for us to go. We must be patient and wait on the Lord. He has the perfect answer, at the perfect time, in the perfect manner. Sometimes, He surprises us with the answer. It is so different than what we imagined, but oh so much better than what we had hoped.

Why did I have this event of the moth in my ear? I believe the event happened many years ago so that today, in 2016, I could tell you my perfectly timed collision course story and tell of God’s perfect timing. Trust in the Lord. Wait patiently for Him.

Dear Lord,

I never thought I would be thanking you for having a moth fly into my ear so many years ago. Thank you for letting it leave an impression on my mind and for teaching me a lesson on Your perfect timing.

In Christs’ Name,

Amen

Comments