LESSONS FROM THE LABYRINTH #3

Lessons from the Labyrinth #3

WRITTEN BY:  CALVERT




920x920.jpg

The final installment of  Lessons From The Labyrinth:

5.  At one point my friend Katie got off the path. Because of the way the labyrinth is built, it’s impossible to tell which direction goes to the center and which direction goes out. Katie and I were both headed out and she was able to see what line I was on and which direction I was going. This enabled her to get back on track and walk the rest of the way. People are paying attention. Not to put pressure on you, but you might be just the person that someone else needs to get back on track. We are all journeying together yet each experience is unique. Support your brother or sister if they need it. Identify those around you who might help you should you lose your way. Let’s help each other grow in faith and finish the course. 

6.  Because we were in an urban setting, there was a lot of traffic and noise. At one point, an ambulance went by. At another time, a vehicle with a loud radio drove past. I quickly found that if I looked up at the source of the noise, I was disoriented when I looked back down at the path. There is a tremendous amount of noise in the world. Keep your eyes fixed on Jesus and the path set before you. Taking your eyes off Him might cause momentary confusion. It’s okay to acknowledge life happening around you, it can even be beautiful. But don’t let it derail what you know you are supposed to be doing.

All in all I was quite pleased with my first experience.  I hope to walk some different labyrinths in the future.  I might try alone or in a quieter setting if I get the chance.  If you haven't tried, I encourage you to find a labyrinth near you.  Here is a link to a worldwide labyrinth locator: http://lybrinthlocator.com/home.  God bless and may God give you the grace to journey with Him and others!

Comments