Trust

TRUST

Written by:  Jenny Calvert

(God) will keep in perfect peace all those who trust in him, whose thoughts turn often to the Lord! Trust in the Lord God always, for in the Lord Jehovah is your everlasting strength.  Isaiah 26: 3-4 (TLB

This is a picture of my youngest grandson.  He is totally relaxed in the water, trusting his life preserver to hold him afloat.  He is not afraid that the water is deeper than he is tall.  He is not afraid of his inability to swim.  He just trusts. This is a great example of how we should trust the Lord on a daily basis.  We need to simply lay back in His loving arms and trust that He will lift us up from the mire of life.  God is good and because of this we can rely on Him.  

Jesus said in Matthew 11: 28-30, “Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”

Jesus wants us to give Him our burdens but so often we hold on to them.  We are miserable in the process.  I guess we feel as if we can solve the problem ourselves.  We may even pray about it but we are not really letting go.  When we finally do give the situation over to God there is sweet release.  He loves us so much and He wants to bear our burdens. 

There are words to an old hymn written by Louisa M. R. Stead that says:
 I’m so glad I learned to trust Thee
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I’ve proved Him o’er and o’er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
Oh, for grace to trust Him more!


There is the key to this dilemma of just how to really let go: Ask Him! Give it to Him and by His grace we truly can learn to totally trust in Him.

Dear Lord,

Thank-you for being not only willing but desiring of bearing my burdens.  Pry them from the tight clasp of my hands so that I can yield them to You, the solver of all problems. Today I choose to totally trust you. I ask that You replace this burden with your peace.

In Your Son I pray,
Amen

Comments