THIS BEAUTIFUL LIFE


He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecclesiastes 3:11


I was walking on the treadmill and listening to a lecture on "The Lord's Prayer." Suddenly, the video stopped. I couldn't get it to play, and I was annoyed. God whispered, "Pray that prayer to me." So, I did. I let go of my technology aggravation when I reached the part of the prayer that says, "Thy will be done." God's way was happening at that moment. 


The Almighty wanted my attention, and I waited for Him to speak. Then just as quickly as the video stopped, the song “This Beautiful Life” by the artist “CALVERT” began playing over my device. God said, "Listen!" As chills ran down my spine, the Holy Spirit was giving me a message.


The lyrics were, "Throw away these broken dreams; it's time to turn the page. And if it's hard to see, we'll let our love light the way." The Godhead was saying, "My children, come to me with all your fears, broken dreams, heartaches, anger, and confusion. My love will light the way for you to follow Me."


The song proceeded with these lyrics, "And if you look up to the sky, it's like the sun is shining just for us." God was saying that He wants us to come out of the darkness into the loving light of Jesus, a love that is available to each one of us personally.


The song continues, "The future is so bright. Don't close your eyes. It's close enough to touch." God's love is so bright that it's tangible. It's right there for the taking if we choose so. God continued speaking through the lyrics, "Take this journey with me through the deep and wide-open sky. We'll fly above with the world at our feet. It's a feast for the eyes." When we hold onto God's loving hand, He will take us on journeys to fly on Eagle's wings, making trials and troubles less controlling, as the power of God's love is more strengthening. 


The last verse goes, "Open up all the windows. Let in the light of day. All the clouds have passed us by, and everything has changed." When we open the windows of our hearts, His love light will pour into all the dark spaces to make a complete change. Jeremiah 29:11 says, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


God was speaking to my heart, and I hope to all the hearts of those who are reading this, people who feel downtrodden, broken, abused, misused, and forgotten. This song was filling my heart with optimistic sunlight, and God was revealing His love through Jonathan Mendelsohn's lyrics and my son's beautiful voice. Don't close your eyes, the windows to your soul, to His great love. When you bask in God's love, you will finally grasp His beautiful life inside you.


Thank you, God, for your beautiful life-changing love. Amen

Comments