I AM WEAK BUT HE IS STRONG


He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Isaiah 40:29


There is a little song many have learned as children. The lyrics are: Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. Little ones to Him belong. They are weak, but He is strong. Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. Yes Jesus loves me. The Bible tells me so.


It’s a small song with a powerful message. I am here today as a witness of His strength while I am weak. I have had some health issues in my life. I am getting older, and my strength is not what it used to be. Even though this body weakens, I tell you that God has become stronger and stronger in me each and every day.


My hands may not be able to open a jar, but God has given me strength to put my arms around a hurting person. I can run my fingers through my granddaughters hair, scratch my grandson’s back, and hold the hand of someone who needs help walking.


I may not be able to sing, but God has given me strength to praise Him even in whispered tones. I can give words of encouragement to someone struggling. I can give words of comfort to someone grieving. I can say “I love you” to all people. And if I have no voice at all, I can write a message of God’s strength and love in me as a witness to His kingdom within me.


I may not be able to run fast or far, but God is still taking me on His spiritual journey and giving me His strength. I can watch, learn, and listen to His voice. I can sit still while he chisels away at my flaws. I can be the listening ear to someone who needs it.


When I look at the sky, my eyes are so full of floaters that it is like looking through dark clouds. My sight may be obscured, but God’s perception has increased my spiritual vision. I can look through His eyes of love, forgiveness, grace, and mercy. His eyes are so much better than mine.


Yes, Jesus loves me. It’s evident in this weakening physical body of mine. His strength is evident as His Spirit flows through my veins in the from of peace, love, joy, kindness, and forgiveness. When the time comes that this body of mine fails completely, His spirit will walk me fearlessly through that valley of death with His rod and staff! If my mind can remember no one, including the Lord, I am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed to Him.The Bible tells me that He loves me, but also I am a witness to His truth inside me.


Yes Jesus, I know you love me, not only because the Bible tells me, or I feel it in my heart, but because it is evident in your power within me. Thank you Christ Jesus, Amen.

Comments