BEING ORGANIZED

God gave us the ability to think about his world, but we can never completely understand everything He does. And yet, He does everything at just the right time.  Ecclesiastes 3:11


I like organization. I found long ago, that with having five children, if things were organized, it actually saved me time. I did not have to search for my keys or my purse at the last moment, if I always put thing back in a specific spot.

Today was one of those days, where I felt unorganized. My thoughts were bouncing around like ping pong balls in my head. I was working on my devotionals and was writing, editing, sending for proof reading, checking e-mails for already posted devotionals, and filing in different folders. My mind just would not stop. My files seemed disorganized and my mind was going in a million directions; spinning in circles.

I knew what I had to do. I stopped, dropped to my knees, and prayed. I took a deep breath, allowed His tranquility to flow through me, and listened to the Lord. He reminded me that He is the greatest of all organizers. He placed all the planets in a specific place. He timed the rotation of the earth around the sun so precisely. He brought each person into this world at their appointed time, and He, one day, will return at His specific time. Everything He created shows organization, from the pumping of our hearts to the blinking of our eyes, from the teeth that children loose to allow new ones to appear, to the placing of all organs in our bodies. Everything God creates has a place, a rhythm and a time.

I knew He could help calm this chaotic commotion going on in my mind, which was giving me anxiety. He really does not want His children to be anxious for anything. So I continued to pray and wait on the Lord. I rose from my knees knowing the Great Organizer would help me, and He did.

He gave me two instructions:

First: “Call your daughter who can organize processes and do spreadsheets.” That answer was right there under my nose, but it never even occurred to me until God nudged me.

Second: “Quit worrying about what you need to accomplish today. I told you before, you will accomplish what I have you accomplish, no more, no less!”

Wow, when God answers, He truly answers.  He always has the best solutions. I was able to relax, knowing that this was never to be on my shoulders in the first place. So, today I did not accomplish what I had in my mind. Instead, with a peaceful heart, I accomplished just what He wanted me to accomplish. Today. I wrote this devotional.

Dearest Lord,

Thank you for reminding me that you are the greatest of all organizers. I stand in awe of you.


Amen

Comments