THE CLEAN-SLATED NEW DAY!

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  Lamentations 3:22-23 (ESV)

Many mornings I sit on my back porch and watch as the sun begins to light the night sky. I wait and watch with wonder His miracle of precision; the Earth rotating bringing the light of the sun on the morning horizon. He is faithful in every way, and I contemplate another new day that the Lord has made and placed in time as a granted favor.  I see the clean slate before me that I have not yet tarnished or marred. I also am aware of the gravity of my responsibility to actions I perform each second, minute, hour that will become my biography of tomorrow.

I stand amazed in the Lord’s love and His continual mercies that are new every day. He has freely handed me a Deed of Full Reconveyance for which I am unworthy. My sin debt has been fully paid and the lien removed. I will stand before God blamelessly made Holy by the blood of Jesus Christ. So not only does He give me a clean-slated day, but also a clean-slated heart. It is nothing I have done, but what He has done for me out of His steadfast love.

For this reason, each new day I want to give my gift of full devotion as a sacrifice of praise before His alter. I want to be an example of love and adoration to Him. I want my witness to be a beam of His light, piercing though the darkness of pain in this world. I want to be His obedient laborer. I want to shower others with the same measure of mercy He has shown to me. I want to weigh my words, speak His truth and tell His story.

By the grace of God, I start this new day, this new year, this new journey asking for His help to be a sweet-pleasing-aroma, fully-immersed, captivated-in-His-love, servant. I ask that He will help me not leave too many scars on the 365 days He affords me every year.  I will honor and cherish His gift of each clean-slated new day. Great is His faithfulness!

Dear God,

Help me to use each new day for your glory.


Amen

Comments