SNEAKY LIZARD

Written by: Jenny Calvert    

Be careful not to spend your time having parties and getting drunk or worrying about this life. If you do that, you won’t be able to think straight, and the end might come when you are not ready. It will come as a surprise to everyone on earth. So be ready all the time. Pray that you will be able to get through all these things that will happen and stand safe before the Son of Man.
Luke 21: 34-36 (ERV)

I have a lizard in my closet, and I don’t like it at all. I actually like lizards……..out in the yard! I love to see how they change colors. I love their tiny little toes that can cling to any surface. I love the way they puff out their pink necks. They are cute, but not in my closet!

Because of construction, our closet has little areas where critters can enter.  I have tried to plug, board and tape every little crevice during construction however, a lizard, like a tiny burglar managed to creep in. I went to get a shirt off a hanger, screamed and jumped, when this little green thing went running. Now I have heard it said before, “He is probably more scared of you than you are of him”, but those words do not help when surprised with a displaced lizard. The thing is, I really do not want to put my leg in a pair of jeans to have something come crawling out the other end. Oh………the thought of it makes me shiver.

This reminds me of the time I went to put on a pair of shoes and knew immediately something was wrong. A big roach came running out! I learned a lesson: always check before putting on!

A friend of mine just told me she accidentally left her car door open one night and was greeted by a mouse who decided to make a home in her vehicle. It did some damage and ate her gum.

Frankly, certain critters become displaced in areas that are unwanted, just like sin. Sin can sneak into an area of our life and make a home. Many times we think we can control the sin and become oblivious of the juncture where we are entrapped by it. Sin control causes damage, but God control frees us with perfect peace, love, and forgiveness.

We must be on guard, plugging all the weak spots of our lives. We should watch, pray, and be ready, remembering that Christ may return at any moment.

Dear Lord,

Lead us not into temptation and help us to be ready for your return.

Amen

Comments