A PRAYER FOR NOAH

Written by: Jenny Calvert

And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.  Ephesians 6:18 (NIV)

The turned up nose, sprinkled with cinnamon colored freckles portray the character of his precious face. He conveys a slightly mischievous yet innocent expression and an impish yet angelic smile. His grin is so wide at times that it seems to encompass his little face, showing his slightly spaced teeth that makes him perfect in my eyes.

His lips are wonderfully shaped for grandma kissing and his soft cheeks also. His square face is framed by beautiful thick dark chocolate hair, which is usually tousled in a cute sort of way. He is a loquacious little man. His words sometimes get jumbled as his mouth can’t keep up the rapid thoughts of his mind.

He is beautiful, but his eyes, oh his eyes are the deepest pools of blue water that you would ever see. In those eyes, I see his father, his great grandmother and great-great-great grandmother. The eyes reveal the boy himself with all his little hopes, dreams, worries, intelligence and inquisitiveness. I love those eyes and I love that little boy.

Noah! Even his name reflects a man of God. A man who stood out in the crowd by building a boat for a big rain that no one had even seen before. A man of great faith. I can see my Noah, creating an ark with his Legos. I watch and pray within myself that God will lead, guide, bless and protect him.

Right now, Noah’s world is small, but as this precious boy grows and his world becomes bigger, my hope is that God will be his life, his mentor, his companion.  I pray that God will use my grandson in a great a mighty way, just like He did Noah in the Bible, to make a wonderful difference in this world. I pray that he will be a shining light of God and His mercy to all who know him. This is my prayer for my precious, beloved grandson, Noah.

Dear Lord,

Thank you for all my grandchildren. My prayer is the same for all of them.


In Your Name, 
Amen

Comments